xPQwRtz

reWRITING THE INDIE CONSTITUTION

Monday, July 10, 2006

1984. church halls and white noise

jesus and marychain | upside down

i played and played and played this record.
inside the wraparound cover (my first ever wraparound cover i think) there was a ticket to buy a J&MC t-shirt.
i bought it.
it was rubbish.

i was invited to a birthday party at a local church hall.
i took this record.
i asked the DJ to put it on.
absolutely everyone left the hall for the 2 minutes that this record played.
then they came back in and got on with their lives.

i felt fulfilled.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger PC said…

    They appeared on the scene at a time I was going around with giant sized chips in my shoulder... I used to walk up to total strangers on weekend nights in Oslo asking "HAVE YOU HEARD THE JESUS A& MARY CHAIN?", and berating them when they answered they hadn't. The fact that I never once got the shit kicked out of me is a miracle. Man, the JAMC were inspirational! (Briefly.)

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Crayola Sarandon said…

    i remember giant sized shoulder chips too.
    my ranting at the time manifested itself in wandering the streets hip-hop style with a ghetto blaster blaring J&MC, big flame and the age of chance...more of that in a later post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home